Efflorescence Control Agent for Concrete
ConTec EC-166 is an integral water repellent admixture used in low slump concrete units such as architectural block, paving stones, SRW units, or masonry mortar. ConTec EC-166 contains a unique blend of efflorescence control agents and polycarboxylate cement and pigments dispersion aids. This new and improved primary efflorescence control enhances the color and appeal of all types of concrete products. Use in both mortar and masonry units to reduce water infiltration through masonry walls
- Increases hydrophobic properties and lowers absorption rates
- Contains high levels of polycarbonate dispersant for strength
- Impedes the formation of primary and secondary efflorescence
- Increases product freeze-thaw durability with its unique densifying properties
- Aids color development and can shorten production cycles
- Reduces mechanical abrasion in equipment.
ConTec EC-60 can be used in all types of manufactured concrete in which the reduction of efflorescence and water permeability is desirable.