The Tech Shield System protects concrete masonry structures from rainwater intrusion & related damage. The System utilizes admixtures for both concrete masonry units (CMU) and for masonry mortar.
- The blocks (CMU) are manufactured by a Qualified Tech Shield Producer using integral water repellent admixture.
- The mortar used for the construction project incorporates a water repellent admixture.
Used properly in new construction, the Tech Shield System provides the following benefits:
- Lasting resistance to wind-driven rain
- Reduced absorption and moisture wicking
- Decreased potential for unsightly efflorescence
- Enhanced color retention of architectural block & mortar
ConTec TS-922, TS-941, and admixture variations thereof* are qualified Tech Shield System components for use in the manufacture of water repellent CMU. Tech Shield Mortar Admixture or ConTec WR-650 (powder) is either added at a jobsite or blended into a dry packaged format to produce water repellent masonry mortar.
* Water Repellent Admixtures that differ in concentration levels and corresponding dosage rates
These products have been evaluated by the following: