Efflorescence Control Agent for Concrete
ConTec EC-45 is an integral water repellant admixture used in low slump concrete units such as architectural block, paving stones, SRW units, or masonry mortar. Using this unique formulation results in a chemical reaction with concrete to prevent water penetration and control efflorescence. ConTec EC-45 enhances the color and appeal of all types of concrete products. Use in both mortar and masonry units EC-45 reduces water infiltration through masonry walls.
- Increases hydrophobic properties and lowers absorption rates
- Impedes the formation of primary and secondary efflorescence
- Helps maintain color integrity throughout
- Aids color development and can shorten production cycles
- Improves compressive strength and density
ConTec EC-45 can be used in all types of manufactured concrete in which the reduction of efflorescence and water permeability is desirable.